I love colored glass bottles and recycle them for years. I was looking for a way of cutting the glass that I could use without the need for tools in order to reuse them. Of course I never imagined that the solution was acetone …! See the video below:
A simple process, rub with a little sandpaper the cut bottles and I give you some ideas about what you can create with them …
- Fantastic … candlesticks that you can use to decorate your home and your terrace or even a social event or celebration! (Learn how to build a chandelier Christmas garlands),
- Amazing chandeliers lightings-cutting the bottom of the bottle and fastening them to a piece of wood or metal,
- Lights: just cutting back the bottom of the bottle, and pass through electrical equipment and electrical cords in different lengths,
- Or … a chandelier sculpture uniting many bottles and wires together but at the same length …. Also learn how to build a light sculpture using wood from crates,
- A table lamp by larger decorative bottles that will make removing the lower part is to pass the cable and adjusting a cloth hat in the neck of the bottle
And, do not stop there… Do the same with antique glass decanters that will find a bargain financially, and create this stunning romantic chandelier at a cost of 30-40 euros… Romantic style chandelier, you can construct a old fan… following the instructions found in the suspension or even from here… chains like.
Update 10.11.2012 : Another way to cut easily and perfectly a glass bottle but for this one you’ll need a glass cutter.
Idea sent by IRO !