We found a nice tutorial at Wit & Whistle blog explaining how to transform an old and unused fire extinguisher into a creative & design vase for your interior decoration!
To do it yourself, you only need some paint (and also a primer for metal and better result), some tape and a lot (or not :)) of inspiration !
1. Soak your empty fire extinguisher in warm water and remove as much of the label as possible. A razor blade may be helpful to scrape off stubborn labels.
2. Paint the fire extinguisher with primer and let it dry completely. You may need to apply two or three coats of primer.
3. Paint the entire fire extinguisher with the lighter of your acrylic paint colors and let it dry.
4. Tape the extinguisher on all sides from the lip of the opening down to the base. (See photo.)
5. Paint the vase with the second paint color and let it dry.
6. Remove tape.
7. Touch up any areas where paint oozed under the tape.
8. If desired spray the vase with clear sealant coat to protect the paint.