Here a few ideas of how to make a birthday celebration with an ecological / recycling touch.
- Lanterns: pierced tin can with citrus peel around the tea light.
- Straws labels: Use the pull tab rings and bottle caps from carton milks to use them as labels (If you find paper straws, even better!).
- Candle holders: Wine or olive oil bottles are perfect for this and add a sophisticated even though upcycled touch as table centerpiece.
- Wishes / Guestbook tree: Painted can lids hanging on fallen natural tree branches are a great use for these every-day items.
- Paper Banner: reused filling shipping paper.
- Origami ceiling paper flowers: reused newspaper.
- Flower Banner: reused toilet paper roll.
- Hand-painted favors for guests: River stones painted with different motifs with a “thank you for coming” note on the back arranged on egg carton shells.
Hope you find these ideas inspiring to improve and become more environmentally conscious! :)
Submitted by: Alejandra Martínez !