This tutorial by Isabelle McAllister from the blog dosfamily.com will teach you how to build a beautiful pendant lamp made of old doilies or lace.
What you need:
- Collection of old doilies, table runners, or tablecloths
- Wallpaper glue or substitute Fabric stiffener liquid (permanent kind) String or twine
- Large-size balloon
- Pushpin or craft knife
- Clean paintbrush
- Hanging or swag lamp kit of your choice (many come with the ceiling hooks included)
- LED bulb or fluorescent bulb – use an energy-saving bulb for safety! Scissors (if you need to trim larger lace pieces down)
- Disposable paint tray (or use a shallow pan that you slide into a trash bag for easy cleanup)
- Lots of newspaper to protect your work surface
Download our tutorial and start your own doilies/lace pendant lamp. This tutorial was inspired by the original post from Isabelle McAllister here: Diy: Doily Pendant Lamp with Lace.