If you are here, it’s because you have some questions about our website. Please find some answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions we receive. If you couldn’t find your answer here, please contact us.
Why become a member ? It’s the most important of our Frequently Asked Questions!
Becoming a member at Recyclart.org will give you several benefits over guests! Here are the benefits of being a member:
- Your own profile page on recyclart.org on which you’ll be able to display your personal website, ETSY shop and social network links (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube…),
- When you submit your work @Recyclart, you will be credited as the author of the article,
- Easy access to all of your submitted posts. You’ll be able to follow the approval process of your articles and find out the scheduled date,
- Notifications by email when your post is scheduled (with the publication date) & published,
- Be able to participate in our “Chat Room”, including the ability to post an image, video, questions to the community or comments in one simple click. You can also like and comment other member’s posts.
- Access to our internal messaging. You’ll be able to directly contact other members to start a discussion with them,
- Follow your favorite Crafters and be followed by other members,
- Post your work directly through your profile,
- Bookmark your favorite posts/ideas to keep them for later,
- A notification system to know when someone comments on your posts, starts following you, visit your profile or send you a message,
- Receive access to free-of-cost DIY tutorials as they are developed,
- Coming soon: Be able to “check your stats” – you’ll know how many members have viewed your profile, how many Pinterest pins, Facebook likes/shares, and other social media data about YOUR post,
- And more to come…
We think these are great reasons to sign-up @Recyclart ;)
I submitted my work; how long will I need to wait before it’s published?
It depends on how many posts we already received at the time of your submission. You’ll receive an estimated publication time when you submit your project. We understand that it could be feel too long if you have to wait one month before your work is online, but there is “method to our madness”! Our goal is to allow every post to have time to be focused on, and we have to stagger them out so that every post is viewed individually. We don’t want to publish more than two posts every day for them to be visible. We could publish ten posts one day and then none the other day, but your post will not have enough visibility, and you could be frustrated if no one sees your work and/or interacts with it.
Is my work published on your social networks?
Absolutely! Your article will be posted on our different social networks which are: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, StumbleUpon & Tumblr.
Will you notify me when my work is scheduled & published?
Yes, but only if you are a member. We contact you via email when your post is scheduled, and include the publication date. Additionally, we will notify you again when your project is published
Can I buy some of your products?
No. We don’t sell any products; we are a repository of resources; a kind of springboard for ideas around recycled materials to give you some inspiration for your next project.
When available, we add the link to the Crafter’s website at the bottom of the article. You should follow this link and directly contact the author.
Where are the plans?
This is the most challenging of our Frequently Asked Questions. Yes, we all wants plans :), but to be honest, it’s difficult to have plans/tutorials for all the projects we feature. We do not consider ourselves as the main tutorial site for everything made with raw, recycled materials. If you want to build it, most of the time you’ll have to figure out a way and reverse-engineer it. Let your imagination and your skills guide you :)
Didn’t see your question listed in our Frequently Asked Questions? Please contact us, and we will do our best to reply to you and add more answers as needed.