There aren’t many tools more “grunt-worthy” than a powerful Angle Grinder. With a myriad of cutting, sanding and grinding discs available, you can use it to rough-cut wood, sand cement, carve, grind, and cut metal! It’s a workhorse in your power tool box. But, with the high speeds, torque, and risk of injury from flying bits as well as damaged discs, it is a valuable tool to use appropriately and safely.
Learn the basics of working with an Angle Grinder and you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it!
Before you even take the angle grinder out of that new, shiny box, be sure you have the proper safety equipment. You’ll need the following:
- Dual-injected straight-back temples
- Flexible rubber nosepiece
- Scratch resistant polycarbonate lens provides 99% UVA/B/C protection
- SHRINK RESISTANT: These work gloves are made with synthetic leather, providing toughness, and helps to resist shrinking/hardening. Excellent for outdoor jobs where gloves may become wet.
- SNAG PROOF: Concealed inner stitching prevents these heavy duty work gloves from snagging on wood or metal.
- STAYS ON: Wing closing strap prevents work gloves from slipping off when they become wet from weather or sweat.
- THE BEST SAFETY EAR MUFFS. Industry leading NRR 37 dB protection. DECIBEL DEFENSE ear protection are the perfect earmuffs for shooting range. Ultra-comfortable headband with smooth, padded cell design...
- Safe and comfortable for adults and kids (recommended for ages 4 and up). Concerts and power tools, even lawnmowers and blenders, can cause hearing damage. The QUIETEST and MOST COMFORTABLE hearing...
- WE ARE COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE. If you ever have any problems at all, reach out to us and we will make things right, FAST! In the event that you find the earmuffs to be too tight, we recommend...
- NIOSH-APPROVED N95 for at least 95 percent filtration efficiency against certain non-oil-based particles and aerosols
- 3M COOL FLOW EXHALATION VALVE helps direct exhaled air downward and allows for easy breathing
- UP TO 50% EASIER BREATHING. Compared to non-valved 3M 8200 Testing
Angle Grinder of your choice – corded or cordless to your preference.
Grinder disc(s), appropriate size for your grinder and for the type of work you’re doing.