Make a massive impact with a Lightbulb Miniature Valentine’s Day DIY Idea! I built this project after seeing those ship-in-a-bottle art pieces. Create any theme you want with mini charms inside the bulb. Add a hot air balloon, or a little flying bird, or anything else you wish!
Turn those old bulbs into Lightbulb Miniature Valentine’s Day DIY ideas!
- One bulb
- Safety glasses
- Salt (to clean out a white light bulb to clear)
- DIY Video is supplied at the end of this post quickly showing you how to hollow out a bulb
- Water bottle plastic cap
- Thread or fishing line
- Decorative craft tape, washi tape or paint (to cover the plastic bottle lid)
- Craft glue
- Mini charms (like the Eiffel tower)
- Round upcycled item for the base that supports the bulb securely:
The hardest part while assembling this project was hollowing out the light bulb. Once the bulb is hollowed out, use glitter, mini charms, and float a hot air balloon inside! Add the cap and glue in place!
Check out this video on YouTube by TheOliveMonsterOfArt!