by Elena Brinzei

Recycled Shredded Paper Framed Flower

I made this flower with shredded strips found in someone’s recycling point on the street. The method used is called quilling. Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. The paper is wound around a quill to create a basic coil shape. The paper is glued at the tip and the coil shaped, these shaped coils are arranged to form flowers, leaves, and various ornamental patterns.



0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Thanks Katie. I used printer paper before and is quite good along with PVA glue. You need lots of patient and steady hands.

The method I used is called quilling which involves rolling paper strips.

If you search for “paper quilling tutorial” on or on you’ll find lots of demonstrations.

Scroll to Top