To make a coiled basket of plastic you can use a simple technique found all over the world. You will need a lot of plastic bags, some sort of plastic string and a crochet hook. Check out the step-by-step instructions below.
- Start with twisting a plastic bag into "a rope".
- Fasten approximately 1 Meter of plastic string to the end with a knot, and wrap it a few times around the "rope".
- Curl the end together, to make the beginning of a spiral.
- Take the crochet hook and put it under one of the first loops. Try to get hold of the string and pull all of it through the loop. Make an extra loop around the "rope", a loop that is not attached to the loop on the previous circuit. You will need these extra loops for the upcoming circuits as the basket grows bigger and bigger. Then pull the string under the next loop on the previous circuit. Add another plastic bag just by overlapping the last one, and twist.
- When the bottom of the basket is big enough just put the circuits on top of each other instead of side by side, and you will create the sides of the basket.